New COVID guidelines for visiting the library.
November 4, 2020
In an attempt to continue to provide library services as COVID cases rise in our community, the Lewiston City Library will place into effect as of November 4th, the following guidelines at the library:
- All visitors, including children, entering the library are required to wear a face mask which securely covers the mouth and nose.
- Visitors will need to wear their mask appropriately the entire time they are in the library.
- Visitors will maintain the recommended 6 foot distance from other visitors and staff.
- The number of visitors within the library will be limited to 50.
- Visitors will need to enter the library through the 5th Street entrance, but may exit using either the 5th Street of D Street entrance.
Hand sanitizer and masks will continue to be available for patrons. Visitors unwilling to follow these guidelines will be asked to leave.
For those uncomfortable visiting the library in person or unable to wear a face mask, curbside service is available. Library patrons are encouraged to place their items on hold ahead of time. If help is needed, please call the library at 208-798-2525.
Patrons unable to wear a mask, but are in need of public computer access, may schedule an appointment to use a computer between the hours of 5PM and 7PM, Monday through Thursday. Contact the library at 208-798-2525 to request an appointment.
For those unable to visit the library, we encourage you to take advantage of our HomeBound Service. For more information visit our HomeBound page or call us at 208-798-2506.
In addition to updated guidelines for visitors, library staff will continue to wipe down high-touch areas ofter; clean computer stations after visitor use; wear face masks; stay home if they're feeling ill; quarantine returned items for 5 days; and, offer self-service checkout. Book donations will only be accepted at the north delivery door and donors are asked to wear a mask and ring the doorbell for assistance. Calling ahead is appreciated before making a donation.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us keep our community, our visitors, and our staff safe and healthy!