News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/20/2020 5:25:00 PM to 11/16/2020 4:30:04 PM.
Lewiston Library News
Posted on: June 20, 2020
[ARCHIVED] No More Late Fines?
As of February 1, the Lewiston City Library will no longer collect late fines for materials returned past their due date.
What does this mean for you?
- You will no longer be charged a daily overdue fine.
- We will clear any overdue fines you may have on your account, but any fees for lost or damaged materials will still need to be paid.
- In order to make sure your account has been cleared, it would be best to bring overdue materials directly to a help desk and discuss them with a library employee.
- You are still responsible for returning materials on time as overdue items will now cause your account to be suspended sooner, blocking further use of library digital and physical materials.
- Materials kept 60 days past the due date will be considered lost and full payment for the items will be expected.
- Please remember, other patrons may be waiting for the materials you have checked out.
- Still feel like you need to pay a fine? The library accepts donations if you feel you need to pay for overdue materials.